Katie Leung Wiki, Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More – WikiBio
Katie Leung is a Scottish actress who works within the American and British movie business. She is known for her portrayal of ‘Cho Chang,’ the primary love curiosity of ‘Harry Potter,’ within the Harry Potter movie sequence.
Katie Liu Leung was born on Saturday, August 8, 1987 (age 33 years; as of 2020), in Dundee, Scotland, UK. Her zodiac signal is Leo. She spent her childhood in Ayr, Campbeltown, Motherwell, Edinburgh, and Glasgow cities of Scotland.
She accomplished her education at Hamilton College, South Lanarkshire. She wished to go to an artwork faculty however delayed it to movie for the Harry Potter sequence. She took a pictures course at Edinburgh College of Art and graduated in 2011. She additionally did BA in Acting from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in Glasgow.
Height : 5′ 4½”
Eye Color: Black
Hair Color: Black (dyed blonde and brown)
Family, Ethnicity & Relationships
She is of Chinese descent.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Peter Leung, was a Hong Kong businessman who owned and ran an Asian-themed Restaurant in Glasgow, Scotland. Her mom, Kar Wai Li, was a Hong Kong banker. When she was three years previous, her dad and mom obtained divorced.
She has two brothers named Jonathan and Darren Leung. She has a youthful sister named Violet.
In 2008, it was reported that she was in a relationship with the actor Leo Ku.
She is in a relationship with a person named Eric Caira, who’s a recruitment guide.
She made her appearing debut with the 2005 American-British movie ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’ through which she performed the position of ‘Cho Chang,’ a Ravenclaw pupil who’s the primary love curiosity of Harry Potter within the movie. She went to a five-minute audition for the movie after her father noticed an commercial for the movie’s casting name; she by no means wished to be an actress. Two weeks later, she was referred to as for a workshop and was solid as Cho after beating over 3,000 different ladies for the position.
She went on to behave as Cho within the Harry Potter sequence Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011). In 2017, she appeared within the British-American-Chinese co-production movie ‘The Foreigner’ (2017) as ‘Fan Quan,’ daughter of Ngoc Minh Quan (performed by Jackie Chan).
She then appeared within the British movies T2 Trainspotting (2017) and Locked Down (2021). She additionally appeared within the British brief movies Leading Lady Parts (2018), The Feast (2018), and The Promise (2020).
In 2008, she made her tv debut with the British TV sequence ‘Agatha Christie’s Poirot’ as ‘Hsui Tai.’
In 2013, she performed the lead position of ‘Ying’ within the British TV mini-series ‘Run.’
In 2019, Katie was solid as ‘Too-Ticky’ within the Finnish-British animated household drama musical sequence ‘Moominvalley.’
She acted within the British tv sequence Father Brown (2013), One Child (2016), Chimerica (2019), The Nest (2020), and Roadkill (2020).
In 2012, she made her stage debut with the play ‘Wild Swans’ within the lead position of ‘Jung Chang.’ The play made its world premiere at American Repertory Theater, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
She starred within the performs The World of Extreme Happiness (2013) at National Theatre, You For Me For You (2015) at Royal Court Theatre, The Intelligent Homosexual’s Guide to Capitalism and Socialism with a Key to the Scriptures (iHo) (2016) at Hampstead Theatre, Snow in Midsummer (2017) at Swan Theatre, and White Pearl (2019) at Royal Court Theater.
Awards & Achievements
- Top 4 Outstanding Newcomer Award at Asian Excellence Award in 2006
- Scotland’s Most Stylish Female in 2007
- No. 80 on the Cosmogirl’s Hot 100 List in 2007
- BAFTA Breakthrough Brits 21 in 2014
In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Katie and Daniel Radcliffe (performed Harry Potter) shared an on-screen kiss, which grabbed loads of media consideration. While she obtained reward from many Harry Potter followers, she was additionally subjected to fierce racism. Some of the followers created ‘I Hate Katie’ web site, the place they posted racist remarks on Katie. In March 2021, Katie confessed that she confronted racist abuse whereas filming the sequence and that her publicist informed her to disclaim something associated to it. In an interview, she stated,
I bear in mind them saying to me, ‘Oh, look Katie, we haven’t seen these, these web sites that individuals are speaking about. And , in the event you get requested that, simply say it’s not true. Say it’s not occurring, And I simply nodded my head. I used to be like, ‘Okay, okay,’ regardless that I had seen it myself with my very own eyes. I used to be like, ‘Okay, yeah, I’ll simply say every part’s nice.”
- Actor(s): Aaron Kwok, Stephen Chow, Joaquin Phoenix
- Film(s): Hot Fuzz (2007), Shaun of the Dead (2004), Crash (2004)
- Film Director(s): Edgar Wright, Sofia Coppola, Lars von Trier
- Comedian(s): Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Sacha Baron Cohen
- Katie is a self-confessed introvert and speaks very softly. In her leisure time, she spends time watching movies, taking part in video video games, buying, taking part in guitar and piano, listening to music, and spending high quality time along with her household and mates.
- She had an amazing benefit due to her Scottish accent to bag the position of ‘Cho’ within the Harry Potter sequence. According to Katie, the casting administrators, through the auditions, had requested the women whether or not any one among them belonged to Scotland, and Katie was the one woman from Scotland.
- In an try to advertise Harry Potter, the makers of the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire despatched Katie Leung to China within the second week of the discharge of the movie.
- She additionally voiced the character ‘Cho Chang’ in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) video video games.
- After the Harry Potter sequence ended, Katie Leung was unsure about persevering with appearing as a profession and wished to attend a college of artwork and design. However, after she carried out within the theater play ‘Wild Swans,’ she determined to proceed appearing and attended a drama course on the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
- In 2007, she raised over $137,000 by launching a youngsters’s artwork competitors and donating her portray (auctioned at nearly $1300) to assist The Prince’s Trust charity in Scotland.
- Apart from English, she will be able to communicate Cantonese and Mandarin, fluently.
- According to Katie, her dream position is to play a component within the American comedy sequence Modern Family or a movie directed by Sofia Coppola and Lars Von Trier.
- She consumes sometimes and likes to drink wine. ((The Telegraph
- She additionally promotes and helps in elevating funds for Just Giving, a London-based Chinese group middle that’s enhancing the Chinese group’s high quality of life and well-being within the UK, particularly for deprived and susceptible folks. It additionally has its deal with preserving the Chinese tradition, arts, and identification.
- She is an avid animal lover and has a canine named Bao the Cloud.